Wedding Invitations on a Budget
Planning a wedding and choosing the right wedding invitations sydney can cause a huge strain on a couple’s finances, which can more often than not be the cause of a great deal of arguments and misunderstandings. In as much as most couples want their wedding day to be the best day of their lives, they need to understand that they do not have to have the most expensive wedding for it to be successful.
Are you in the process of planning either your own, or someone else’s wedding, and have a fixed budget that is a bit on the lower side? There are several tips you can use to help you find wedding invitations that are not only classy, but affordable too. Here are some tips that can help you save money on your wedding invitations.
1. Do not buy your invitations from the first wedding store you come across. Shop around first. Planning for a wedding may mean that several things require your attention at the same time, and you may be tempted to simply buy wedding invitations from the first store you shop at. Shopping around will give you the opportunity to compare prices from different stores. Some of these stores even offer discounts depending on the number of invitations you want to buy from them. You also have the option to shop online, which allows you to compare different stores’ prices from the comfort of your home.
2. Consider the type of printing techniques. The most expensive technique is engraving, but there are other options such as thermo printing or laser printing that offer similar results but at a smaller cost. The latter options are still good enough for wedding invitations.
3. Watch out for the extras. You may have always admired wedding invitations that come with cute embellishments or ribbons and bows. However, cute as they seem, they do add up to cost you quite a sum. If you are working with a tight budget, you will have to forego the fancy extras, but you can use good quality paper to make up for it instead. Also, instead of having the bows and ribbons tied to the invitations, you can have them drawn or printed on them instead. There are simple but stylish designs that can still give you the look you want.
4. Reception venue. If your reception will be held at the same venue as your wedding, there is no need for you to have additional reception cards made. Instead, you can add that piece of information to your wedding card. It will help save you money you would have otherwise spent on making separate stack of reception cards.
5. Proofread. Have you ever received a wedding invitation that had a couple of spelling mistakes? The couple could have run out of time to have the wedding cards reprinted, or they may have run out of money. Whichever the case, no matter how beautifully the card has been done, a few spelling mistakes with wedding invitation wording here and there will set you back a good sum of money as you will need to have them printed afresh. This will cost you time and money that you may not have.
Use the tips mentioned above to have nice, simple but chic wedding invitations with the small budget that you have.